Tablets, as well as smartphones, support various file formats and .zip archives is one of them. If you download a zipped file and moved it to your tablet, you may have noticed such problem - there's no way to unzip such file and view its contents.
But I’ve got a solution for you - there is one piece of software and it’s called Unzip. Unzip is completely free and can be easily installed onto your tablet. Once it's been installed you can unzip any .zip files (you just have to click an them in the File Manager)
Installing Unzip on tablets
1. First of all, in your tablet click on the globe and select "Open New Browser Window".
2. maemo.org/downloads is your destination page
3. Enter "unzip" search query in the top right hand corner.
4. Find Unzip application.
5. Click "Click To Install" arrow. Say yes or OK to all of the boxes that appear.
6. When Unzip has installed successfully, close the Application Manager.
Okay, you are ready to rumble.
You can now unzip any .zip file by just double-clicking on it in the File Manager. Sometimes complex things could be very simple.